Here’s a riddle: What is both unlimited and unknowable? Answer: the future. It’s true for people, and it’s true for companies. In 1926, when Roy H. Long opened his real estate agency, he couldn’t imagine it would not only still be in business 90 years later but that it would be the dominant and still-growing agency in Southern Arizona.
But here it is. Building on corporate values that embrace constant change—both evolution and innovation—to maintain its competitive edge, Long Realty is not just keeping up. It’s leading the way.
In the early years, Long Realty evolved as Tucson and Southern Arizona grew. Over time, the company added staff and sales associates, won new clients, and expanded its market share and service area. Roy Long believed the best way to care for his company was to care for his customers. Echoing that principle is the modern company’s commitment to building long-lasting relationships by creating exceptional real estate experiences. Different language, same ideas: fair dealing, honesty, never settling for “good enough.” Being an engaged member of the community. That ethic built a solid base for Long Realty’s phenomenal growth.
By the turn of the century, it was time for innovation, as well as growth:
- In 1997, the company launched www.LongRealty.com, giving Long Realty a major online presence. The website attracted more than 3.8 million visitors in 2005 alone, and it continues to grow and change, steadily adding features to deliver more—and more current—real estate information to clients and agents. A recent innovation is the free Long Realty Mobile App, bringing that same information to Apple and Android devices.
- The same year, the company added its first franchised location, in Benson. There were more to come; 2009 was a big year, when the company expanded its footprint in Phoenix and Mexico by adding multiple franchised locations. Today, Long Realty Company has over 1,200 licensed real estate sales associates in 36 offices, including 21 affiliate realty and property management companies.
- Two years later, in 1999, Long Realty merged with HomeServices of America, becoming a Berkshire Hathaway affiliate and tapping into the resources and marketplace clout of the nation’s second largest residential real estate brokerage.
- The next year, the company expanded its ability to offer its customers unlimited convenience by becoming a one-stop, full-service organization. The built-in teamwork of Long Realty, Long Mortgage Co., Long Title Insurance, Long Insurance Group, and the Long Advantage program provides a comprehensive suite of real estate services under one roof.
- And in 2002, the Long Realty Cares Foundation started its philanthropic community-building work. The foundation has donated more than $2.8 million to more than 170 local non-profit organizations.
The company’s evolution has been that of steady growth, ongoing refinement and ever-deepening community relationships. A trail of dramatic advances marks its history as an innovator. Evolution and innovation: They work together to keep Long Realty out in front, offering every client the best possible real estate experience, every time. Because if you’re not moving ahead, you’re not moving, and that’s no way to celebrate 90 years in business.